about       archive       goodreads

Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Where have I gone?

Please accept my apologies for my recent unannounced absence from this bookish corner of the internet! Many things have conspired against me and my ability to blog. Firstly, I started a new job at the beginning of August which has turned out to be a whole lot busier than I had anticipated. Secondly, I have a big exam coming up in a few months and am spending a lot of time studying for that. Both of these things have meant I have much less spare time than usual and I'd rather spend it reading than blogging. So Girl Vs Bookshelf is on an indefinite hiatus for the time being. I have a few NetGalley reviews that I want to honour but otherwise things will be pretty quiet around here. Hopefully it won't last too long - and I'll still be checking in and commenting on my favourite blogs when I can! You can still keep track of what I've been reading on both Twitter and Goodreads. Hope you are all keeping well and getting stuck into some good books.

9 comments:

  1. Well, Marie, these are very good reasons, so congratulations for the job, and I hope everything get calmer after the exam. I'm sure you will do it very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the exam and wishing you all the best in your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your new job and all the best for your exam.
    I'm sure you'll be blogging again when you have more time and we'll all still be here.
    Good luck
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the new job is going well, and good luck with your exam. I was wondering if you were ok so thanks for letting us know. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been missing your reviews but can totally sympathize. When my work is heavy, like it is now, it is a challenge to even have energy to read or blog at the end of the day. And if you are also studying too, well, I just can't imagine where you would find any time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the job and the studying!! Both sound like good reasons for taking you away but I hope that you can juggle it all again (if you want). I know it's hard to squeeze everything into a day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the job and studying, it is a hard juggle - good luck for the exam too

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the exams went well and hope to see you back here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope things are going well on the exam front. Take care and keep reading for fun too :)

    ReplyDelete