about       archive       goodreads

Monday, 5 November 2012

RIP VII


So my first blog challenge has come to an end and a whole lot of spooky fun it was too. I pledged to read four novels as part of RIP VII and to be honest I thought I'd struggle to manage that, but I actually got through six. So the books I picked to scare myself with were:

The Possessions of Dr Forrest by Richard T. Kelly
Turn Of Mind by Alice La Plante
The Vanishing by Tim Krabbé
Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson
The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen - no review for this one as I didn't really enjoy it and wasn't even stimulated enough to come up with any points of interest to write about.
The Passage by Justin Cronin

I don't generally choose my reading material according to the season but there is definitely something satisfying about cosying up on a dark evening with a book that is packed full of suspense. Although when working the night shift on Halloween itself it may not have been the best idea to read a couple of chapters of The Passage on my break, having to then walk back from the break room along deserted hospital corridors, convinced that vampires were about to spring from every nook and cranny, eeek!

Halloween may be over but the peril doesn't have to end there...the main site for RIP VII is here and there are literally hundreds of reviews on there for you to browse should you find yourself with a notion to read something a bit dark.

Thanks to Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings for facilitating the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Well done for finishing 6! I've read the 4 last ones on your list and they were all brilliant, so I'm not surprised you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete