about       archive       goodreads

Monday, 10 September 2012

1Q84 - Book Two

Well, I am back to the blog after a little hiatus while on holiday in Spain. I have been incredibly busy lazing around on the beach, eating copious amounts of tapas and working hard on my tan (I'm delighted to have turned all the way from alabaster to pale beige) but not to worry, I managed to squeeze a fair bit of reading into my tight schedule so there will be some reviews coming up soon.



I just wanted to quickly mention the progress that I have made with Murakami's 1Q84 trilogy - you may remember from my last post that I was planning to tackle each book in turn and post mini-reviews as I went along. Well, having finished Book Two before I went away, I have decided to abandon that initial plan. It's just too difficult to write anything worthwhile about Book Two in isolation without revealing spoilers for Book One! But of course when I've finished the trilogy I will do a proper post with an overview of my thoughts (I warn you now, it may well just end up being a disorganised ramble of gushing praise, as I have completely adored the first two novels).

8 comments:

  1. I have this one on my shelf but it wasn't until recently that I realized it was a trilogy! Makes reading the big tome a little more manageable. Though I do know what you mean about writing about subsequent books without spoiling--I'm trying to figure out how to do that for the Hunger Games books right now.

    Thanks for the visit this morning. And Spain!! Wow! My stepsister just returned from studying there (Barcelona). I've always wanted to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's definitely so much easier to manage in three separate parts. If you discover any hints to help me review them without spoiling, please share!

      Barcelona is an amazing, amazing city, one of the best places I've ever been. Well worth a visit if you ever get the opportunity to go. Thanks for stopping by, Trish!

      Delete
  2. I'll love forward to your thoughts on this. Still haven't read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I already know I am going to love it! It's big but easy to read so well worth diving in and giving it a go.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back and glad you had a great time! Am now thinking back to delicious tapas in Barcelona years ago...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. I'm reading this right now and loving it so much and wondering how I can write a review that's more than just gush, gush, gush!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's difficult but I tried my best! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

      Delete