about       archive       goodreads

Saturday, 19 May 2012

Girl Vs Bookshelf

I think I have a problem and I'd like to share it with you. 

I just can't stop acquiring books through any means possible - buy, beg, borrow or steal.
(Ok, for the record I haven't resorted to stealing...yet...).

I recently moved into a new flat with my boyfriend for the first time and he remarked with surprise upon just how quickly I filled the bookcases with my library. I stood in front of him debating whether or not to disclose the volumes still loitering on a bookcase in my old bedroom in my parents' house, the multiple crates of unread novels lurking in their loft, not to mention the countless stories I have temporarily lent out to friends and family members. It was at that moment that I decided action must be taken, one shelf at a time.

It's not going to be easy - only today I picked up a box set of ten Penguin classics for a couldn't-say-no price in my local TK Maxx. But hopefully this blog will help to motivate me to continue my battle against the bookshelf and share my recommendations with other bookaholics going through similar battles of their own!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I think it is quite a common problem, not really serious unless it starts really bad arguments between a bookworm and their partner. There has to be a cure out there somewhere, with so many of us looking, will we find it one day????

    ReplyDelete